Mifegest kit has 5 tablets together. 1 tablet is of mifepristone, which is 200 mg and the other four tablets is of misoprostol and each tablet of misoprostol is about 200 mcg. Abortion kit has both the tablet in a single pack for sell. Mifegest is a kit which is used to medically terminate the unwanted or intrauterine pregnancy, which might be less than 63 days of gestation or 2 months of pregnancy. If you want to calculate your pregnancy, then you should calculate it from the last menstrual period, which is presumed to be 28 days of period cycle, where the ovulation occurs in the middle of the cycle.
If the duration of the pregnancy is uncertain, then it is necessary to get a clinical examination done, which might be done by physical test or ultrasonographic scan, to detect the exact duration of the pregnancy. If you have any medical history, then it is better to let your health care provider let know about it. As it may be hazardous to health if this kit doesn't suit you, because of your medical history.
If you have an intrauterine device that is an IUD inserted, then it is important to get is removed before you consume Mifegest Kit. In case, Mifegest kit fails to do its work, then you may have to opt for the surgery to get the pregnancy terminate. But this situation, rarely occurs depending upon the medical history of the women, who is taking this medicine for pregnancy termination.
Administration of Mifegest:
It should be administered by or under the supervision of a gynecologist, who will be able to confirm your gestational age of pregnancy, as well as the safety of the consumption of such of medicine. This kit can be used with comfort at home, but to be safe it is better to get it supervised by a gynecologist. If in case, it doesn't work and you face severe bleeding with an incomplete abortion procedure, then he will be available to do the abortion with the help of surgery.
Dosage of Mifegest:
Mifegest contains one tablet of Mifepristone and 4 tablets of Misoprostol. You suppose to take the mifepristone tablet orally, which should be followed by the 4 tablets of Misoprostol one by one after 1-3 days vaginally. If you uncertain about its procedure, then get the help clinically. Your health care provider will ask you to take the first tablet that is mifepristone in front of him, or you can take it with comfort at your home. Then after 2 or 3 days, he will call you at his clinic and will insert the Misoprostol 1 tablets into your vagina.
For the women, who is pregnant for 49-63 days, might have to take the second and third dose of Misoprostol tablets that is 400 mg after 4 to 6 hours, if abortion didn't take place with the help of first Misoprostol tablet. It can be taken vaginally or orally depending upon the women's preference as well as the amount of bleeding from the first dose of Misoprostol.
Completion of abortion procedure with the help of Mifegest:
Once you have taken the complete tablets from Mifegest kit, that will take approximately 3 to 4 days, then it is important for the patient to return to the gynecologist after 14 to 15 days for a checkup to confirm whether the abortion took place properly. It is one of the most important steps to confirm that the procedure have taken place properly. If it is left unchecked, then it might hazardous result to your health. The gynecologist will confirm the abortion by physical checkup or by ultrasonography scan.
If the procedure of abortion has failed, then such patients are at the risk of foetal malfunction that many results because of this treatment, but is also depends on the medical conditions of the patients at the time of her pregnancy. If this treatment has failed to abort the fetus, then it is recommended to go for surgical termination of the incomplete abortion, so that the fetus can be aborted and the patient is safeguarded from any type of physical problems in the future. This abortion kit is safe to use for a long-term and can be stored for 12 to 24 months from the date of manufacture.
If you are facing any type of adverse effect after consuming this kit, then it is highly recommended that you visit your doctor immediately. So he can check with the root problems and give you proper medication for the same.
1. It is illegal to buy Mifegest or any other medicine, which is used to terminate the pregnancy. If you take it without consulting any doctor, then you may have to face adverse effect after that. Every person's body reacts differently after consuming such type of medication, so it is better to consult your doctor to confirm the duration of the ongoing pregnancy, whether Mifegest is safe for you are not and to take proper help, if this kit doesn't work for you.
2. If you are under medication for some other medical condition, then let your doctor know about it. So that he can let you know whether it is recommended for you to take Mifegest for aborting your pregnancy or not.
3. It is best to take this medicine empty stomach to avoid the risk of vomiting and other such effects, which is quite common when consume such type of medicines.
4. If you are planning to use it in future, then store it in a place which is dry, cool and hygiene. To make sure that it stays in a perfect shape so that it can work properly even it is taken after a few months for an abortion.
5. The first medicine that is mifepristone should be strictly taken orally. For Misoprostol tablets, you can take it orally or vaginally depending on the amount of bleeding and recommendation of your health care provider.