Is it possible to terminate pregnancy with Misoprostol alone?
For abortion, it is advised by the doctors to combine Mifepristone and Misoprostol abortion pills in order to terminate a pregnancy. An unwanted pregnancy, which is 10 weeks or of a lesser duration is being advised to terminate with the help of a medical abortion. Mifepristone being an anti-progesterone medicine and Misoprostol being a prostaglandin pill are combined together for ending a pregnancy, but some women are still in doubt whether they can use the secondary medicine alone for the pregnancy termination or not. So, make sure when you buy Misoprostol online you are completely aware of the mandatory instructions and usage of the pill.
Information on the tablet
Misoprostol abortion pill basically works by emptying the womb and removing the lifeless fetus and the rest of its pregnancy sections out. The medicine is utilized only for removing the pregnancy contents out from the body and it is possible when the fetus is detached from the uterus lining. Misoprostol does not help in separating the fetus hence Mifepristone has to be consumed in order to fulfill the criteria. The chances of terminating a pregnancy successfully with the help of only Misoprostol are quite low, but when Mifepristone is combined the chances of a successful abortion are considerably very high.
Method of Consumption
Whenever you consult the doctor and buy Abortion Pill online and start the abortion process make sure to consume 1 tablet of Mifepristone (200mg) orally with water. Then, in the next 24 hours, you are advised to administer 4 tablets of Misoprostol (200mcg each) which can be consumed either buccally or vaginally in the next 24 to 48 hours. For the best method of consumption, you must consult the physician.
Instructions for use of the abortion pill is given below
- Vaginally- You need to carefully insert 4 tablets of the secondary abortion pill inside your vagina. Make sure to urinate before insertion as after insertion you cannot urinate. You can insert the pills one by one carefully. This method of administering the pill is preferred as compared to buccal ingestion because the medicine still stays in the body even if you feel nauseous and feels like vomiting during an abortion.
- Buccally- During a buccal ingestion it is advised to place 2 tablets on both the sides onto the cheek pouch and let them sit for about 30 minutes until dissolved completely. If the tablets do not dissolve in the mentioned time duration you can then consume water and take in the pill and its leftovers.
Post Abortion Effects
You can expect the following after the medicines are administered
- Heavy bleeding after 2-3 hours, post consumption of the prostaglandin tablets.
- You may experience lemon size blood clots, which is normal.
- Depending upon how the body reacts, the bleeding process starts which can be immediate or post 3-4 hours also.
The medical abortion also shows up a few side effects which are normal and temporary. These ill-effects do not last longer, hence medical assistance is not required
- Severe abdominal cramps
- Mild fever
- A headache