Comparison between medical abortion and surgical aspiration
Abortion is the only procedure that is safe and legal to terminate a pregnancy. Earlier pregnancy termination was illegal in the US, but in the year 1973 judicial Roe v. Wade of U.S. Supreme Court has legalized abortion in the states. This has given women the freedom to choose whether to continue a pregnancy or not. After the legalization of abortion, the surgical method was used for many years to terminate the pregnancy. This method is quite risky and women have to go under the knife to terminate a pregnancy. However, now you can take a breath of relief and buy online Abortion Pill USA and terminate a pregnancy at home without performing surgery.
Here in this blog, we’ll explain, how medical abortion is different from surgical abortion? And which is the better option to terminate a pregnancy?
How early you can opt for these methods?
- Medical abortion: this should be performed within 9 weeks of pregnancy i.e. 10 weeks from the first day of the menstrual cycle.
- Surgical abortion: this should be performed within 6-16 weeks of pregnancy i.e. within 16 weeks from the first day of the menstrual cycle.
How their termination procedures are performed?
Medical abortion is performed with the help of Abortion Pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol. These pills are used in combination or you can use Misoprostol solely. These will pill should be administered as prescribed by your doctor in a timely manner. While administrating this termination pill Mifepristone 200 mg should be administered on the first day orally. You will require 1 pill of this anti-progesterone medicine. Second medicine Misoprostol should be administered within 1 or 2 days. You can take 4 pills of this medicine either orally or vaginally.
After taking both these medicines you will experience cramping and vaginal bleeding after 4-5 hours. This procedure will last for 10-12 days and its aftereffects will last for 3-4 weeks.
This procedure is performed either at the clinic or in the hospital. This can be performed either by suction aspiration or by vacuum aspiration. This will take 5-12 minutes to complete the procedure. Doctors will insert surgical instruments into your vagina and uterus to eliminate pregnancy. You will have to revisit the clinic if you experience any other problems after termination.
Can this assertion fail?
- Medical abortion: the medicines used in medical pregnancy termination have a success rate of 98-99%. If these medicines fail you can opt for another pair of medicines, if time persists or you’ll have to opt for surgical abortion.
- Surgical abortion: this procedure has 98% accuracy in pregnancy termination. If this fails, you will have to perform the procedure again.
How much these procedures cost?
- Medical abortion: when you order online Abortion Pills, they will cost $190 to $ 490.
- Surgical abortion: this will cost you $300 to $ 950 which is a way more costly than a medical abortion.
However, one must remember the cost of the abortion procedure is dependent on your location, timing, and facilities.
Does it affect the fertility of women?
You must understand both these methods are safe to terminate a pregnancy. If these are performed on time with all suggested precautions these will neither cause any serious complication nor will affect the fertility of a woman.